Semiya Kesari / Vermicelli Kesari is an easy recipe. It is a delicious desser that can be prepared quickly. It is simple variation of Rava Kesari. Beetroot Semiya Payasa, Vermicelli Kheer and Sheer Kurma are other dessert recipes available in this space.
Semiya Kesari / Vermicelli Kesari
- 1 Cup Vermicelli
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- Salt a pinch
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Cashews
- 2 Tablespoon Dry Fruits
- 1 Pinch Lemon Yellow Food Color
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in tablespoon of ghee and let it melt.
- Add in the nuts and dry fruits. Roast them until golden brown.
- Remove them from ghee and set them aside.
- Add in vermicelli and saute for few minutes.
- Add in water and a pinch of salt and bring it to boil.
- Keep cooking until the vermicelli is cooked well.
- Then add in the sugar. Cook until the sugar melts.
- At this stage the mixture gets watery. Keep cooking until the water disappears.
- Mix food color with water so that it gets mixed evenly. Add the food color and mix gently.
- Add in cardamom powder and mix gently.
- Add in the remaining ghee and mix gently.
- Finally switch off the flame and add in the roasted nuts and dry fruits.
- Delicious Vermicelli Kesari is now ready to serve.
- If using roasted vermicelli then roasting for few seconds is enough.
- If using non roasted variety of vermicelli then roast them until the vermicelli turns golden brown.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Semiya Kesari / Vermicelli Kesari:
- Add in 2 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Let the ghee melt . Add in nuts and dry fruits. Roast them until golden brown. Remove them from ghee and set them aside. Add in the vermicelli in the wok.
2. When the vermicelli is roasted, Add in the water and bring it to boil. Add in a pinch of salt.
3. When the Vermicelli is cooked enough and the water disappears add in sugar.
4. Cook until the sugar melts and all the water evaporates. Mix the food color with water so that it blends well. Add the food color mixture into the vermicelli. Mix gently.
5. Add in Cardamom powder and mix gently. Add in ghee and mix gently. When the Vermicelli is cooked well and it reaches the thick consistency add in the roasted nuts and switch off the flame.
6. Delicious Vermicelli Kesari is now ready to serve.