|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 5 Min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Dips and Spreads||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Coriander Leaves – 2 cups
Coconut – 1/2 Cup
Sesame Oil – 1 tablespoon
Green Chilli – 2
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Coriander Chutney:
- Grate the coconut and set aside. Wash the coriander leaves throughly.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan. Add in green Chillis. Saute for 1 minute. Add in Washed coriander leaves.
- Saute the leaves. The leaves reduce in size while sauting. Cool down the mixture completely. Add the sauted coriander leaves mixture, salt and grated coconut into a blender. Grind them into a paste.
- Healthy and tasty Coriander Chutney is now ready to serve.
- Tamarind or lemon juice can also be added for tangy taste.
- The chutney can also be tampered with mustard, urad dal and curry leaves for extra flavor.
Coriander chutney is served along with idli. It is also served alongside dosa and roti. This paste can also be mixed with steamed rice to make Coriander variety rice. It can also be served along with other snacks bajji, samosa etc… The leftover chutney can also be used as spreads as breads.