Palakottai Poriyal / Jack fruit Stir Fry
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Jack fruit seeds - 25
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard - ½ teaspoon
Urad Dal - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Curry Leaves - few
Turmeric Powder - a generous pinch
Salt to Taste
To Grind and Paste:
Coconut - 2 tablespoon
Garlic - 20 small
Ginger - ½ inch piece
Green Chilli - 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Palakottai Poriyal / Jack fruit Stir Fry:
- Dry the Jack fruit seeds in sun for 2 days. The skin is easy to remove. peel the skin from the seeds. Pressure cook the seeds with enough water for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the pressure release on its own.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add Urad Dal and saute it. Add onion and saute until glossy. Add curry leaves and saute it.
- Add the ingredients listed under to grind and paste and add it into onion. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and saute it. Add the chopped jack fruit seeds and saute it for 4 mins in low flame so that the masala blends well with the seeds. Switch of the flame and keep it closed for 15 minutes. Jackfruit seeds stir fry is now ready to serve.
- If the jack fruit seeds are sundried its easy to remove the skin.
- Do not pressure cook for more time or the seeds become mushy.
Jack fruit stir fry can be had as a side dish with rice. Or can be enjoyed as a snack.