Sheer Kurma is a Mughalai Dessert prepared during the Ramadan month. This is a rich dessert that contains dates, nuts and dry fruits. The word sheer means milk and kurma means dates. Dates are one of the food taken to end the fast during the Ramadan fast. Hence Sheer Kurma has a major role in the Iftar Menu. Its is a sweet vermicelli and milk pudding. Here goes the recipe. Checkout Vermicelli Pudding / Semiya Kheer recipe here.
Wanna checkout other kheer recipes then click here.
- 750 Millilitre Milk
- ⅓ Cup Semiya / Vermicelli
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Water
- 4 Cardamom Crushed
- 4 Dates Deseeded and Chopped
- 10 Cahews
- 15 Dry Grapes
- 15 Almonds
- 2 Tablespoon Chironji seeds
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add in the nuts and dry fruits. Saute them. Remove the nuts from ghee and set aside.
- Add in Vermicelli into the ghee and roast few minutes. Take out of ghee and set aside.
- Add milk into a wok and bring it to boil. Allow it to simmer for few minutes.
- Add in Vermicelli and cook until it is cooked soft.
- Add in the Sugar and cook until it melts.
- Add in Cardamom and rose water. Give a nice mix.
- Add in the roasted nuts. Gently mix them.
- Delicious Sheer kurma is now ready to serve.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste preferences
- I have used Bambino roasted vermicelli
- Add sugar only after the vermicelli is cooked soft.
Step by step photos on how to make Sheer Kurma:
- Heat Ghee in a wok.
2. Add in Chironji seeds, Cashews, Walnuts, Dates, Sliced Almonds and dry grapes.
3. When the nuts are sauted well take them out of ghee and set aside.
4. In the same ghee add in Vermicelli and start roast it.
5. when the vermicelli is roasted well remove the vermicelli from ghee. Set it aside.
6. Add milk into the wok and let it boil. Let it simmer for few minutes.
7. Add in the roasted vermicelli. Cook the vermicelli.
8. Cook until the vermicelli is cooked soft. Add sugar. Let it melt.
9. Add in Cardamom and rose water and mix gently.
10. Add in the roasted nuts into the milk mixture.
Delicious sheer Kurma is now ready to serve.