|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 5 Min||| Total time: 15 Min|
|Recipe type: Dips and Spreads||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Spicy and Tangy|
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 Cup tightly packed
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Urad Dal – 1 tablespoon
Channa Dal – 2 tablespoon
Dry red Chilli – 3
Tamarind – 1 teaspoon size
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – few
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Heat oil in a frying Pan. Add Oil and start sauting the dry red chillis. Add onion and saute them. Add tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy.
- Add the channa dal and urad dal and saute them for 2 or 3 minutes. Add tamarind and saute them.
- Now add the washed and cleaned coriander leaves and saute them. The leaves shrink in size once it starts getting sauted. Saute them well. Now cool down the mixture.
- Grind this mixture in a blender without adding water. Add water only if your blender does not cooperate. Now prepare the tampering mixture in another pan. Add in oil Splutter mustard and curry leaves and add it on the chutney. Tasty and healthy coriander chutney is ready.
- Addition of ginger gives a nice taste to the chutney so do not omit this.
- My chutney is a less spicy and less tangy version you can adjust the spice and tanginess as per your preference
Coriander Chutney can be served alongside Idli and dosa. It can also be served as a side dish along side Curd Rice.