PuliKachal/Tamarind Rice Mix
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 5 min||| Total time:10 Min|
|Recipe type: Variety Rice||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Spicy and Tangy|
Steamed rice – 2 Cups
Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 Cup
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
Dry red chillies – few
Curry Leaves – few
Asafoetida – a Pinch
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Curd Rice :
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add oil and heat it. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add Urad Dal and saute it. Add dry red chillies and saute it.
- Add Curry leaves and saute it. Switch off the flame. Add Asafoetida. Leave it for 1 minute and then add the Curd and Milk. If the curd is added immediately it might cuddle.
- Add the steamed rice and mix it. Spicy and Tangy Curd Rice is ready.
- Use fresh curd for best taste.
- Generally rice is mashed after adding curd to it. I like to have whole rice so i have not mashed it.
- If the curd rice is to be packed for a travel food or lunch add extra 1/2 cup milk or the curd rice becomes sour.
- During summer the Curd Rice turns sour sooner. Finish it sooner and can add extra milk.
Curd Rice is served along side any meal to give the final finishing touch. It is a Good Tiffin box recipe or a travel recipe.