Custard Powder Halwa the most easiest halwa that can be made. It can be done in very less time. Got to choose this recipe when i was looking for easy diwali recipes. We just need Custard powder and sugar and the halwa is ready. Custard powder starts thickening when we start heating and cashews and ghee are added. This gives out the delicious halwa. Here goes the recipe...
Custard Powder Halwa
- 1 Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Custard Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Pistachios For Garnishing
- 1 tsp Ghee for the beginning
- 1 tblspn Ghee for the end
- Heat water in a heavy bottom pan.1 Cup Water
- Add in 1 tsp ghee, Custard Powder and Sugar and mix gently without forming any lumps.
- Cook in medium flame until the halwa starts thickening. Keep stirring then and there.
- Add in cardamom powder and keep cooking.
- When the halwa is thick add in 1 tablespoon ghee and keep cooking until the halwa reaches a glossy texture.
- Switch off the flame.
- Grease a tray with ghee and garnish with powdered pistachios. Quickly transfer the contents into the setting tray.
- Level them. Leave it in the Counter top for 2 hours. Or leave in the Refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After setting take the tray out. If needed released the edges using a knife.
- Take the halwa out of the setting tray. Cut them into desired sizes and shapes.
- Enjoy the delicious halwa.
Step by step Photos
- Add water into a heavy bottom pan and start heating in low flame.
2. Add in ghee and sugar.
3. Add in Custard powder. Now mix it to form a smooth solution without any lumps.
4. Keep cooking in medium flame. When the mixture starts thickening add in Cardamom powder.
5. When the halwa starts thickening add in the remaining ghee. Stir Gently.
6. When it reaches a transparent texture switch off the flame.
7. Grease a tray with ghee.
8. I added some powdered Pistachios. Add in the Halwa into the tray for setting.
9. Level them and let it set for 2 hours in the counter top or in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
10. If needed release the edges using a knife. Invert the tray to get the halwa outside the tray.
11. Slice the halwa.
Delicious Halwa is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the Sweetness as per your personal preference.
- Cook in low flame and stir continuously to avoid the halwa from sticking to the pan.
- Using a heavy bottom pan or a non stick pan for making this halwa.
- I have used vanilla flavored custard powder. The color of the halwa depends on the custard powder used.
- Leave the halwa in the counter top for at least 2 hours to set. If you need quicker setting time leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- I have used pistachios for garnishing. You can use any nuts of your choice.
- Slice the halwa after it is set. Do not cut it when it is hot or you many not get perfect shapes.
Can i Replace Sugar?
Yes sugar can be replaced with Jaggery or any other sweet alternative. But the color and the taste changes accordingly.
CURRY AND SPICE says
So yum looking...