Dates Chutney is a Sweet Tangy and spicy Chutney. It is an energy booster. If is a nutrition packed chutney. It is apt to pack on a picnic food menu to be had with idli or chapathi. Dates Chutney is an instant and easy chutney. I served Dates Chutney with Beetroot and wheat idlis. They where a great combination together. Beetroot Wheat Idli recipe coming up next.
Dates Chutney is an instant and easy chutney apt for a picnic meal
- 200 Grams Dates
- Amla Sized Tamarind
- Required Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Required Water
- Take Tamarind and Dates in a Wok add only required limited water and boil them for 5 minutes.
- When the dates get soft switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Blend this mixture into a smooth paste.
- Now again heat this paste in a wok in low flame.
- Add in Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and salt to taste and cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame.
- Dates Chutney is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the water content so that the chutney does not get watery.
- Quantity of tamarind and chilli powder can be adjusted as per kids preference.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Dates Chutney
- Remove the seeds from the dates and chop them into smaller pieces. Add the dates and tamarind into a wok. Add only required limited water. Cook this mixture in low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Allow this mixture to cool down. Blend them into a smooth paste. Heat the paste again.
- Add in Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and salt to taste. Cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame and cool down.
- Nutritious and delicious Dates Chutney is now ready to serve.