Channa Dal Mutton Kheema Masala is a Yummy and apt side dish to be served with Roti or Rice. It can also be served with Bread. I first came across this recipe title while browsing the menu card while out on a dinner party. It was interesting to read out the title. I wanted to give it a try immediately. I liked it. I had them with Wheat parathas. I liked them as it had no coconut still was so yummy. I Liked it and wanted to recreate them immediately. Hence here it is.
Channa Dal Kheema Masala
Channa Dal Kheema Masala is a yummy side dish with Mutton.
- 200 Grams Mutton Kheema
- 1 Big Onion Chopped
- 1 Big Tomato Chopped
- 2 Slit Green Chillis
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Fistful Coriander Leaves Chopped
- ¼ Cup Channa Dal
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Soak Channa Dal for 30 minutes. Wash and Clean Mutton Kheema.
- Heat oil in a Wok. Add in Fennel seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add in Chopped onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in chopped tomato and salt and saute until mushy.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them for a minute.
- Add in Mutton Kheema and required water and cook for few minutes.
- Add in the soaked channa dal. Add in Slit green Chillis. Cook for few minutes.
- Add in chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and Jeera powder with required salt and saute well. Coo until the mixture blends well.
- Add in chopped coriander leaves. Give a quick stir. Switch off the flame.
- Yummy Mutton Kheema Masala is now ready to serve.
- The slit green chillis can also be added and sauted along with onion.
- Add in Channa Dal after the Mutton is Half cooked or it would get mushy.
- The water level of the gravy can be adjusted as per requirement. It can also be made as a dry side dish.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Channa Dal Kheema Masala
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fennel Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in chopped tomatoes.
- Add in required salt and saute until the tomatoes are cooked mushy. If the mixture gets too dry sprinkle few spoons of water.
- Add in Ginger Garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add in washed and cleaned mutton Kheema. Give a quick stir.
- Add in Soaked channa Dal(i had soaked channa dal for 30 minutes). Give a quick stir.
- Add in water. Add in Slit green chillis. Add in Coriander Powder.
- Add in Red Chilli Powder and Jeera Powder.
- Add in Turmeric Powder. Add in salt to taste. Allow the Mixture to cook well. Cook with the wok closed. Stir occasionally.
- Once the masalas are completely cooked. Add in coriander leaves and give a quick stir. Yummy Channa Dak Mutton Kheema Masala is now ready to serve.
- I served Channa Dal Mutton Kheema Masala with Chapatis.