Paneer jalebi is a melt in mouth deliciousness. A delicious variation from the regular gulab Jamun. It is a delicious dessert and has a melt in mouth texture. I happened to taste this dessert first when we were living in Pune. I still remember the feel when I first tasted this paneer jalebi. It simply melted in the mouth. Each bite would squeeze out its sweet juicy content. Heaven it was. It is made of fresh paneer. It is made by deep frying paneer mixture and then soaking it in sugar syrup.
Paneer Jalebi / Chanar Jilepi
Paneer Jalebi / Chanar Jilepi is a delicious dessert
- 200 Grams Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 2 Tablespoon Wheat Flour
For Sugar Syrup
- 2.5 Cups Water
- Few Saffron Strands (Optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Water
- Chop Paneer / Cottage Cheese into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Chop Carrot into smaller pieces and steam them until soft. Switch off the flame and set them aside to cool them down.
- Blend the paneer and Carrot into a smooth paste in a blender. Add in the whole wheat flour and knead them into smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough. Roll each ball into a jalebi.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough place the jalebis into hot oil and deep fry them.
- Once they are done take them out of hot oil and place them in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
For sugar Syrup
- Heat water and sugar in a bowl. Once the sugar has dissolved completely and starts boiling add in cardamom powder/rosewater and saffron strands.
- Switch off the flame. Allow them to cool down to warm mode.
- Add in the deep fried jalebis. Allow it for 2 or 3 hours.
- After 3 hours they are ready to serve.
- The original recipe calls for the addition of some food colour I wanted to avoid this hence added steamed carrot.
- deep fry the jalebis in medium heat.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Paneer Jalebi / Chanar Jilepi
- Chop Paneer into smaller pieces.
- Chop Carrot into smaller pieces and steam them until soft.
- Blend Paneer and carrot into a smooth paste. Knead them into a smooth dough. If required add few table spoon of wheat flour.
- Roll them into jalebis as shown in the picture below. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Place the jalebis one by one into the hot oil and deep fry them. Place them in an absorbant paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
- Heat Sugar and water in a bowl. Once they come to a rolling boil add in cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Switch off the flame and allow them to Come down to warm mode. Add in the deep fried jalebis.
- Allow them to rest for 2 to 3 hours. After which delicious jalebis are ready to serve.