This Festival of Light, Diwali brings delight to everyone. One another thing that delights the non Veg Lovers on the Diwali day is the Diwali Mutton Curry / Deepavali Mutton Kuzhambu Prepared for breakfast and seved along side idlis. Yumm it is
Diwali Mutton Curry / Deepavali Mutton Kuzhambu
- 250 Grams Mutton
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Small Bay Leaves
- 12 Pearl Onion / Small Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
Step By Step Photos on how to make Diwali Mutton Curry / Deepavali Mutton Kuzhambu
- Heat oil in a Pressure Cooker. Add in cumin and allow them to splutter. Add in Cloves.
2. Add in cinnamon, star ansie and bay leaves.
3. Saute for 30 seconds. Add on Pearl onion and saute for few minutes. Add in chopped Tomato.
4. Add in salt to taste and saute until the tomatoes get mushy.
5. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add in the chopped mutton pieces.
6. Add in salt to taste and Turmeric Powder. Mix them and saute for few minutes.
7. Add in Limited water. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 5 whistles or until the mutton is cooked soft. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure come down. Open the Pressure cooker.
8. Start heating again. Add in Garam Masala Powder, Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder and Pepper Powder.
9. Mix them gently add in the Curry Leaves. Cook until the Masalas blend well. Delicious Mutton Curry is now ready to serve with idlis.
This Mutton Curry Can also be served with rice and rotis too.