Do you want to take a look at the list of Pooris, Rotis and Parathas then click here.
Egg Stew is a Coconut Based Flavourful side dish for breakfast.
Heat Coconut Oil in a wok. Add in Cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
Add in Onion and saute until glossy. Add in Curry Leaves and green chillis and saute them.
Add in tomatoes and salt to taste. Saute for 2 minutes. Do not make them Mushy.
Add in Turmeric powder and Pepper powder and saute for a minute.
Add in Thin coconut milk and cook for few minutes.
Simmer the flame and add in the thick coconut milk. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil.
Add in the sliced eggs and cook for 2 or 3 minutes in low flame.
Yummy and delicious egg stew is now ready to serve.
- Boiled Potatoes can also be added along with eggs to this recipe.
- Coconut oil is the main ingredient in this stew. To get the authentic flavour do not replace it.
- After adding in thick coconut milk do not boil for more time as it might cuddle.
- After adding in sliced eggs do not stir them as the eggs would break and dissolve in the coconut milk.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Egg Stew
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and saute them until they splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy.
- Add in curry leaves and saute for few minutes. Add in tomato and green chillis.
- Add in salt to taste. Saute them for few minutes. Tomatoes need not mash.
- Add in turmeric Powder and pepper powder. Add in thin coconut milk. Cook until they blend well.
- Add in thick coconut milk. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in the hardboiled sliced eggs. Cook for another 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Mild and Delicious Egg stew is now ready to serve with Pooris, Idiyappam