Curry Leaves Chicken Masala is a very easy, tasty and yummy Chicken side Dish. It can be served with Steamed rice and simple rasam or can be served with rotis. Curry Leaves Chicken is Prepared using Coconut oil and Curry Leaves roasted in it. The freshly ground masala gives out awesome flavours to the recipe. It tastes simply yummy.
Curry Leaves Chicken
Curry Leaves Chicken is a motuthwatering and spicy chicken recipe.
- 250 Grams Chicken
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- fistful Curry Leaves
- 1 Big Onion
- 2 Green Chilli
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Required Salt
To Roast and Grind
- 25 Medium Sized Curry Leaves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1.5 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed under "to roast and grind". Dry roast the curry leaves seperately.
- Cool them them down and blend them into a fine powder.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok. Add in Curry leaves and green chilli and saute them.
- Add in onion and saute them until glossy.
- Add in Curry Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute.
- Add in the ground powder sand saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken pieces and saute them well. Add in salt to taste. Add water only of required. Close the wok and cook until the chicken is done completely.
- Switch off the flame and serve them hot.
- Dry Roasting the curry leaves gives green color to the recipe.
- Adding more curry leaves while dry roasting would turn the recipe bitter.
- This recipe is a spicy recipe. If you want to reduce the spice level adjust spices accordingly.
- Do not burn any of the ingredients while dry roasting or it would spoil the taste.
- Dry roasted curry leaves have a strong taste. Hence do not add more than the mentioned quantity.
- Add Water only if required.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Curry Leaves Chicken
- Dry roast each ingredient listed under To Roast and grind. Dry roast the curry leaves seperately. Cool them down. Blend them into a fine powder.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok. Add in curry leaves and green chillis and saute them for 2 or 3 minutes. Add in chopped onion and saute until glossy. Add in Ginger Garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in the ground powder and saute for 2 minutes. Add in the washed and cleaned chicken pieces. Give them a quick stir. Add in salt to taste. Cook until the chicken is cooked completely.
- Yummy and mouthwatering Chicken masala is now ready to serve.
Leave a Reply