|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Barracuda Fish sliced – 300 grams
Curry Leaves – fistful
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
Tamarind – amla sized
Slit green chillis – 2
Water – 1/2 Cup
Salt to Taste
To Grind and Paste:
Coconut – 1/2 Cup
Tomato – 1
Jeera – 2 tablespoon
Water – 1/2 Cup
Onion – 1 or shallots – 8
Step by Step Photos on how to make Fish Curry:
- Soak tamarind in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the pulp. Set aside. Wash and clean the fish and set aside. Add all the ingredients listed under To Grind and Paste section above into a blender and blend it into a paste.
- Heat oil in an earthenware pot. Add curry leaves and saute them. Add the ground paste and salt and cook until raw smell leaves.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, tamarind pulp, water and turmeric powder and allow to boil.
- Add the green chillis. Add fish pieces and simmer the flame. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked well. Tasty fish curry ready.
- If Kashmiri chilli powder is added the fish curry looks reddish in color.
- Any type of fish can be added to cook this recipe.
- Addition of green chillies adds nice flavour to the fish curry. So do not omit this step
- I haved added 1 cup water in total. IF required add more water. Do not make the gravy watery.
I served this Gravy with Rice and fish fry. This gravy suits well to rice only. If can also be had with Kappa(Boiled tapioca).