Malli Chutney / Coriander Seed Chutney / Daniya Chutney is a spicy and tangy chutney that goes well with many breakfast recipes. Chutneys are instant dishes that are made on busy morning as side dishes for breakfast recipes. Its well known that Daniya has multiple health benefits hence Daniya Chutney with breakfast recipes like idli and dosa makes the meal nutritious. The taste of this chutney is a bit spicy and tangy which is served alongside Idli, dosas with sambar and Coconut Chutney.
Malli Chutney / Coriander Seed Chutney / Daniya Chutney
- ¼ Cup Small Onion
- 5 Pods Garlic Small
- 3 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 5 Dry Red Chillis
- 1.5 Teaspoon Tamarind
- ½ Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Add ½ teaspoon oil into a wok. Add in onion and Garlic.
- Saute until the garlic and onion are sauted well.
- Add in Coriander Seeds, Dry red chillis and tamarind
- Saute until all the ingredients are sauted well.
- Switch off the flame and allow the ingredients to cool down completely.
- Add them in to a blender with limited water and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add oil into a tampering pan. Add in mustard and curry leaves.
- Add the tampered mixture into the chutney.
- Spicy tangy chutney is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in onion.
2. Add in garlic. Saute them until onion is cooked well.
3. Add in coriander seeds and dry red chillis.
4. Add in tamarind. Saute until the ingredients are sauted well. Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
5. Add them into a blender and add in salt to taste.
6. Add in water as required and blend into a smooth paste. Set it aside.
7. Heat a tampering pan. Add 1 tsp of oil. Add in mustard.
8. After the mustard Splutters add in Curry Leaves.
9. Add the tampered mixture into the chutney. Tangy Spicy Malli Chutney is now ready to serve.
- This recipe is generally made with more spice as it is served with other side dishes like coconut chutney and sambar with idlis/dosas. Adjust the spice level according to your taste. Mine is a spicy version.
- If you wish to tamper then it can be tampered with oil, mustard and curry leaves.
- Use only shallots for best taste.
- Using Gingelly oil for sauting increased the taste and healthy too