|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 5 Min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Daniya/Coriander Seeds – 3 Tablespoon
Shallots – 1/2 Cup
Dry Red Chillis – 5
Tamarind / Imli – Amla Sized
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Daniya Chutney:
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots and saute until glossy.
- Add Daniya seeds, Dry Red Chillis, salt to taste and tamarind and keep sauting.
- Once the raw smell leaves remove the ingredients from flame and cool down completely. After the temperature is down add them into a blender and grind them into a paste. The Spicy Daniya Chutney is now ready to serve.
- This recipe is generally made with more spice as it is served with other side dishes like coconut chutney and sambar. Adjust the spice level according to your taste. Mine is a spicy version.
- If you wish to tamper then it can be tampered with oil, mustard and curry leaves.
- Use only shallots for best taste.
- Using Gingelly oil for sauting increased the taste and healthy too
Daniya Chutney suits well with any breakfast recipe like idli and dosa and other side dish recipes like sambar and Coconut Chutney.