|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 10min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Fried Fish - 5 streaks
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard - ¼ teaspoon
Curry Leaves - few
Turmeric Powder - a generous pinch
Chilli Powder - ½ teaspoon
Fennel Powder - ½ Teaspoon
Jeera Powder - ½ Teaspoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Fish Masala:
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add oil. Add mustard and allow to splutter. Add onion and saute until glossy. Add Curry Leaves and saute them.
- Add Tomato and salt to taste and saute them until mushy. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, fennel powder, jeera powder and saute until the masala is cooked well. Add the fried fish pieces
- Flavoral Fish fry ready in minutes.
- The Fish masala can be made on the same oil used for fish fry. It would be even more flavourful
- Chilli Powder can be replaced with pepper powder if you like the pepper taste.
Fish Masala is a nice accompaniment with steam rice or roti.