Fish Podimas / Fish Burji / Scrambled Fish is an excellent side dish for rice. I generally serve this with steamed rice and Rasam. Its a lightly seasoned quick dish but tastes awesome. I generally make this whenever i make fish fry, with the idea of making my little one eat fish. Since we remove the fish bones and the skin of fish in this recipe, Kids find it very easy to have this dish. This recipe can also be made when there is some left over fish. We can either boil fish or fry fish then remove the bones or skin of the fish and scramble the fish and use in this recipe.. Here Goes the recipe…
Fish Podimas / Fish Burji / Scrambled Fish
- 4 Slices Sear Fish Fried or Boiled
- 2 Eggs
- Salt To Taste
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil For scrambling egg
- 1 Tablespoon Oil for Sauting fish
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Onion Chopped
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in the eggs. Add in salt to taste and black pepper powder.
- Scramble the eggs and cook them.
- Remove the eggs from the kadai and set aside.
- Add in oil into the same kadai. Add in Mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and curry leaves and saute them.
- Take the Fried fish or boiled fish. Remove the Bones and the skin from the fish and scramble them.
- Add in the scrambled fish into the kadai. Saute for few minutes.
- Add in Turmeric powder, Fennel Powder, Chilli powder and Coriander. Add in salt to taste.
- Saute until the masalas are cooked.
- Switch off the flame.
- Scrambled fish is now ready to serve.
- I have used fish fry for this recipe. Fish can also be boiled in water salt and turmeric powder.
- I have scrambled the egg separately and then added into the fish. Eggs can also be added directly into the fish and then scrambled. But this leaves a strong eggy flavor to the dish. If you like the eggy flavour then eggs can be directly add into fish.
- I have used sear fish for this recipe. Any fish can be used for this recipe.
Step by step photos on how to make Fish Podimas / Fish Burji / Scrambled Fish:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in the eggs.
2. Add in salt to taste.
3. Add in Black Pepper powder. Scramble the eggs.
4. Remove the scrambled eggs from the kadai and set them aside.Remove the bones and skin from the fish and Shred the fish as well.
5. In the same kadai add in oil and mustard. Wait until the mustard splutters.
6. Add in Onion and Curry Leaves. Saute until the onion gets glossy. Add in the scrambled fish and keep sauting.
7. Add in Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Fennel Powder and Coriander Powder and salt to taste. Saute them. Cook until the masalas are cooked well.
8. Add in the scrambled eggs. Saute for few more minutes. Switch off the flame.
Delicious Fish podimas is now ready to serve.
Fish Podimas / Fish Burji / Scrambled Fish can be served along with rice and fish curry.