Green Omelette / Palak Omelette is a nice and bright omelette. Palak leaves and Coriander Leaves gives the nice greenish color to the omelette. A nice idea to make fussy kids eat the spinach. Palak is pureed and added into the egg mixture. Ginger Garlic paste give a nice twist to the taste of this omelette. Palak tastes good with butter. So while cooking the omelette use butter. Checkout other Omelette Recipes available in my space.
Green Omelette / Palak Omelette / Spinach Omelette
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Salt To Taste
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
For Green Paste
- 8 Palak Leaves
- Corinader Leaves Fistful
- 1 Green Chilli
- Add palak leaves, coriander leaves and Green chilli into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with limited water.
- Take the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add in the green paste.
- Add in chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Mix them gently to for the nice and smooth green egg mixture.
- Heat butter in a tawa. Spread it all over the pan.
- Spoon in the green egg mixture. Spread it on the tawa.
- Let it cook on one side. Then flip sides.
- Tasty Green Omelette is now ready to serve.
- If using Salted butter then adjust the salt in the egg mixture accordingly.
- If the green mixture quantity is increased the egg gets sticky.
- Cheese can be added to this mixture.
Step by step photos on how to make Green Omelette / Palak Omelette / Spinach Omelette:
- Heat water in a sauce pan. Bring it to boil and switch off the flame. Add in the palak leaves and leave it for a minute.
2. Remove the leaves from hot water and allow it to drain the excess water.
3. Add the palak leaves into a blender. Add in Coriander leaves.
4. Add in Green Chilli. Blend into a smooth paste. Add water only of required.
5. Add eggs into a mixing bowl. Add in the green paste.
6. Add in chopped onion. Add in chopped onion, Ginger Garlic paste and Salt to taste.
7. Add in Pepper powder. Mix the contents smoothly. Now we have got the green egg mixture.
8. Heat a tawa. Place butter and let it melt. Spoon in the egg mixture.
9. Spread the egg mixture. Let it cook one side.
10 . Now flip sides. Let the other side cook. Yummy Green Omelette is ready to serve.
I served Green Omelette with Capsicum Chutney. Yes that is the next recipe.