How to Cook Basmati Rice
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Basmati rice – 1 Cup
Water – as required
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to cook Basmati Rice:
- Rinse the rice for few minutes. The water need not run clear. Rinsing helps in cleaning the dirt if any and remove the starch from the rice which would make it sticky. Add water without any measurement and bring it to boil. Add salt. Add the washed and strained basmati rice. Let it Boil.
- Close the pot with a lid. If the rice mixture tries to overflow keep the lid open. Wait until the rice is cooked well.
- Once rice is done. Get ready with a strainer placed on top of a vessel. Pour the mixture into the strainer. wait until the entire water is strained.
- If the rice is to be used for some sweet preparation addition of salt can be omitted.
- If the rice is to prepare biryani whole spices like cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves can be added.