LadysFinger Rice / Okra Rice / Bhindi Rice / Vendakkai Sadam is an easy and nutritious Variety Rice recipe. Ladys finger is sauted and set aside. Rice is then tampered with Spices. The masala that brings in taste is Roasted channa dal and coconut. Ladys Finger Rice can be served with fryams or Raitha.
- 2 Cups Steamed Rice
- 15 Ladys Finger
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Peanuts
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Onion
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- ¼ Cup Coconut
- ¼ Cup Roasted Channa Dal
- 4 Pods Garlic Small
- 2 Teaspoon Sambar Powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Lady's Finger and saute until 75 %.
- Add in salt to taste. Saute until the ladys finger is sauted well. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Add in Peanuts and start roasting them
- When they are roasted well add in bay leaf and dry red chillis.
- Add in Onion and curry leaves and saute until glossy,
- Add in Coconut, Roasted Channa Dal , Garlic and sambar powder and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Add this paste into the mixture. Saute for few minutes. Sprinkle few spoons of water of the mixture is dry.
- Now add in Rice, Sauted Ladys finger and salt to taste.
- Mix gently and the Ladys finger rice is ready.
Step by step photos on how to make LadysFinger Rice:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Ladys Finger.
2. When it is sauted atleast 75 % add in salt to taste. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same oil add in peanuts and saute them until they are sauted well. Add in Bayleaves. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add in Dry Red Chillis. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
5. Add in Curry Leaves and saute them. Meanwhile add in Roased channa dal, Coconut and Garlic into a blender.
6.Add Sambar powder. Blend them into a smooth paste.
7. Add in the paste. Saute for few minutes.
8. Add in Rice, Sauted Ladys finger and salt to taste.
9. Mix gently so that the masalas and the rice blends smoothly.
Nutritious Vendakkai sadam is now ready to serve.