Mango Sauce is a creamy and milky topping. When i signed up for this month's Blogging Marathon for "Toppings for Pancake IceCreams" i decided i would make some topping with mangoes. They are still available in the local market here. We have to wait until next april tat is wen the next mango season would start. Wanted to make use of mangoes until they are available. Mango being my little girl's favourite she would not miss anything made with mangoes.
The ripe mangoes are the very well suited ones for this recipe. This Homemade Mango Sauce is a wonderful and healthy than store bought alternatives. Fresh cream and butter makes them so rich and tastier. Vanilla extract is the key flavour. This is full of mango flavour.
Mango Sauce is a delicious Dip /Spread to be used mainly as a topping in pancakes or ice creams
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Cup Mango Chopped
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Refined Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Cream
- Chop and puree mangoes. Reserve some mango pieces to add them at the end.
- Heat a wok. Add in butter and allow it to melt. Add in mango sauce and saute for few minutes
- Add in fresh cream and cook well. Add in sugar and vanilla extract.Cook well for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Allow them to cool down. Add the chopped mangoes.
- Ripe non fibrous mangoes are suitable for this recipe.
- Any Fruit that goes well with milk can be substituted instead of mangoes.
- The measure of sugar completely depends upon the taste of the mangoes.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Sauce:
- Chop Mangoes and puree them. Reserve few mango chunks for adding them on top.
- Heat a wok. Add in butter and melt them.
- Add in the mango sauce and cook in low flame for 3 minutes. Add in fresh cream. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in sugar to taste. Add in vanilla extract. cook them for another 3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Add few mango chunks on top of it.
This Mango sauce can be served instead of jam with bread. It can also be served as a topping for ice cream. My little girl even wants it as a side dish with idli and dosa.
I served the Mango Sauce as a topping for my coconut pancake. The Coconut Pancakes and the Mango sauce were a super hit in out home. Both my little girl and my little niece simply enjoyed their evening with this delicious combo as an after school snack. It was a healthy and hearty snack. Will Share the recipe soon.