- 1 Cup Mango Chopped
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Refined Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Fresh Cream
- Chop and puree mangoes. Reserve some mango pieces to add them at the end.
- Heat a wok. Add in butter and allow it to melt. Add in mango sauce and saute for few minutes
- Add in fresh cream and cook well. Add in sugar and vanilla extract.Cook well for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Allow them to cool down. Add the chopped mangoes.
- Ripe non fibrous mangoes are suitable for this recipe.
- Any Fruit that goes well with milk can be substituted instead of mangoes.
- The measure of sugar completely depends upon the taste of the mangoes.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Sauce:
- Chop Mangoes and puree them. Reserve few mango chunks for adding them on top.
- Heat a wok. Add in butter and melt them.
- Add in the mango sauce and cook in low flame for 3 minutes. Add in fresh cream. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in sugar to taste. Add in vanilla extract. cook them for another 3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Add few mango chunks on top of it.
This Mango sauce can be served instead of jam with bread. It can also be served as a topping for ice cream. My little girl even wants it as a side dish with idli and dosa.
I served the Mango Sauce as a topping for my coconut pancake. The Coconut Pancakes and the Mango sauce were a super hit in out home. Both my little girl and my little niece simply enjoyed their evening with this delicious combo as an after school snack. It was a healthy and hearty snack. Will Share the recipe soon.