Mawa Modak is a sweet dish that is prepared from milk solids. The smaller shape modak molds are very helpful in making these modaks. Mawa modak is a easy but rich recipe. We need mawa to make these recipes. This is one of the easy recipes that you can try for Vijayanagar chathurthi. checkout other Modak recipes available in my space. I have used homemade khoya for making this recipe.
- 200 Grams Mawa / Khoya
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Milk Powder
- 5 Cardamom
- 3 Tablespoon Nuts
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- ¾ Cup Full Cream Milk
- Heat ghee in a wok. Let it melt.
- Add in nuts and roast until golden brown.
- Add in milk and let it boil.
- Add in sugar and let it dissolve.
- Add in Milk powder and mix gently.
- Add in the Mawa. Mix gently.
- Keep heating until the mixture thickens.
- Switch off the flame. Let it cool down.
- Shape the modaks in the modak mold.
- yummy sweets are now ready.
Step by step photos on how to make Mawa Modak:
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan. Let it melt.
2. Add in nuts and saute them until golden brown.
3. Add in milk and bring it to boil. Add in Cardamom.
4. Add in Sugar. Let the sugar dissolve.
5. Add in Milk powder and mix well.
6. Keep coolomg until the mixture thickens.
7. Switch off the flame and allow them to cool down. Take your modak mold.
8. Grease it with oil. Add the mixture into the modak. Level it.
9. Take the modak out of the mold.
Delicious modaks are now ready to serve.
Leave a Reply