Carrot Capsicum Pepper Fry is a quick healthy side dish that pairs well with rice. This is very easy to make as it can be tossed in oil and seasoned with pepper. This can be made quickly. This is cooked crisp in oil but still tender.
Carrot Capsicum Pepper Fry / Capsicum Carrot mezhukkupuratti is a simple and healthy side dish to be served with rice and any veg gravy or sambar or rasam
- 1/2 Cup Carrot Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablesoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Urad Dal and allow them to splutter
Add in Curry Leaves and saute them.
Add in carrot slices and saute them.
Add in salt to taste. If needed cover and cook.
Remove the seeds from the capsicum chope them into square shaped pieces and add them in.
Saute for few minutes.
Add in salt to taste and pepper powder. Cook until they are done.
Yumm Carrot Capsicum Pepper fry is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos on how to make Carrot Capsicum Pepper Fry / Capsicum Carrot mezhukkupuratti:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard.
2. Add in urad dal. Allow them to splutter.
3. Add in Curry Leaves and saute them. Add in Carrot slices.
4. Add in salt to taste and saute until the carrot is cooked well.
5. Remove the seeds from the capsicum and chop them into squares. Add in salt to taste.
6. Add in pepper powder. Roast until the veggies are cooked.
Switch off the flame and serve with Steamed rice and any veg gravies, Sambar, Rasam etc.