Carrot Capsicum Pepper Fry is a quick healthy side dish that pairs well with rice or Chapatis. This is a colorful dish as it has 2 colorful vegetables Capsicum and Carrot. This is simple recipe as it is made by simply tossing 2 vegetables in oil and seasoned with pepper. This is cooked crisp in oil but still tender.
Carrot Capsicum Pepper Fry
- 1 Cup Carrot Sliced loosely packed
- 1 Cup Capsicum Chopped loosely packed
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablesoon Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Urad Dal and allow them to splutter.
- Add in Curry Leaves and saute them.
- Add in carrot slices and saute them.
- Add in salt to taste. If needed cover and cook.
- Remove the seeds from the capsicum chop them into square shaped pieces and add them in.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Add in salt to taste and pepper powder. Cook until they are done.
- Yumm Carrot Capsicum Pepper fry is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard.
2. Add in urad dal. Allow them to splutter.
3. Add in Curry Leaves and saute them. Add in Carrot slices.
4. Add in salt to taste and saute until the carrot is cooked well.
5. Remove the seeds from the capsicum and chop them into squares. Add in salt to taste.
6. Add in pepper powder. Roast until the veggies are cooked.
Switch off the flame and serve with Steamed rice and any veg gravies, Sambar, Rasam etc.
Carrot Capsicum pepper fry can be served as a side dish with rotis. It can be served as a Side dish with Rice/Rasam or Rice/Sambar or any Rice/ Puli Kulambu recipes.