Milky Mushrooms are believed to be rich source of Riboflavin, niacin and selenium. Than the bud portion the Stem is said to contain more nutrients. Milky Mushroom has a meaty texture hence it is suitable for Curries, Kurmas and stews. I have tried mushroom peas masala using these milky mushrooms. Mushroom masala is an onion tomato based spicy gravy. This is again a simple and easy recipe. Fresh cream is a key ingredient that gives the smooth gravy. Here goes the recipe...
Checkout Other Mushroom Recipes
Milky Mushroom Masala / Mushroom Green Peas Masala
- 200 Grams Milky Mushroom
- ¼ Cup Green Peas Fresh
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 tblspn Fresh Cream
- 1 tblspn Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 tblspn Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves Fistful Chopped
- Wash and clean the Milky mushrooms. Keep them dipped in salty water for 10 minutes. Remove them from water wipe them dry and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in fennel seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste. Add in Ginger Garlic Paste. Saute until mushy.
- Add in the Chopped Mushroom and the Green Peas and saute them gently.
- Add in required water and cook until the mushroom is cooked well.
- Add in Turmeric Powder, Pepper Powder, Garam Masala Powder and salt to taste.
- Mix them gently. Add required water and cook until the masalas are cooked.
- Add in the milk and fresh cream. Cook until they blend well.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Milky Mushroom Green Peas Masala is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos
Milky Mushroom Masala can be served as a side dish for indian flat bread recipes. I enjoyed this with Red Cabbage Paratha. It also tastes good with dosas.
- While cooking Mushrooms they might release some water. So adjust the water added as per the amount of water released. Do not add too much water or the gravy would get watery.
- I have used fresh green peas. This can be replaced with dried green peas. In that case soak the green peas for atleast 4 hours. Pressure cook them soft and them add them into this masala.
- During the intial Onion and Tomato sauting, if the mixture gets too dry sprinkle some water.
- Milk used in this recipe can be replaced with coconut milk as well.