Mix Veg Kurma
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Potato - 1 medium
Carrot - 1
Beans - 6
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Curry Leaves - Few
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - ¼ teaspoon
Bay Leaves - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Green Cardamon - 3
Coconut Grated- ¼ Cup
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cashew - 6
Water - ¼ Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Soak Khus Khus/Poppy Seeds and cashew in water for 20 minutes. Grind Coconut, Cashew, Khus Khus, Fennel Seeds and water and grind it into a paste.
- Chop Beans, Carrot and Potato into equal size cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add oil. Add bay leaves, Cinnamon, cloves and cardamon and saute it. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomato and saute until mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it. Add the chopped veggies and salt to taste and saute them.
- Add the coconut paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder and cook until the oil separates in the sides of the vessel in low flame.
- Yummy Mix Veg Kurma ready to serve.
- Coriander leaves can be added at the end for garnishing.
- Cauliflower and green peas are other vegetables that can be added to this kurma.
- Khus Khus/Poppy seeds wouldn't grind easily hence it must be soaked in water or roast before grinding.