Kurma is a Gravy type side dish generally served along with Flat Breads or Rice. Any choice of vegetables like Potato, Carrot, Beans, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Paneer and green Peas can be added to the Kurma. Garnished with selected spices and cooked in coconut or curd gravy. The Mix Veg Kurma recipe i have shared here is a common recipe in south India and is also called chapati Kurma. This is served alongside chapati in many restaurants. There are many variations in Kurma depending upon what vegetable is added and what is added as the base gravy. I have used potato, carrot and Beans and Cooked in Coconut and Cashew paste. Do try this recipe and enjoy the delicious Mix Veg Kurma.. Here goes the recipe...
Mix Veg Kurma
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Potato - 1 medium
Carrot - 1
Beans - 6
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Curry Leaves - Few
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder - ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - ¼ teaspoon
Bay Leaves - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Green Cardamon - 3
Coconut Grated- ¼ Cup
Fennel Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cashew - 6
Water - ¼ Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Soak Khus Khus/Poppy Seeds and cashew in water for 20 minutes. Grind Coconut, Cashew, Khus Khus, Fennel Seeds and water and grind it into a paste.
- Chop Beans, Carrot and Potato into equal size cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add oil. Add bay leaves, Cinnamon, cloves and cardamon and saute it. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomato and saute until mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it. Add the chopped veggies and salt to taste and saute them.
- Add the coconut paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder and cook until the oil separates in the sides of the vessel in low flame.
- Yummy Mix Veg Kurma ready to serve.
- Coriander leaves can be added at the end for garnishing.
- Cauliflower and green peas are other vegetables that can be added to this kurma.
- Khus Khus/Poppy seeds wouldn't grind easily hence it must be soaked in water or roast before grinding.
Mix Veg Kurma is a good accompaniment for Roti and Pulao. My personal Favourite is Mix veg Kurma with Poori and Aamras/Mango Pulp
Leave a Reply