|Soak time: 4 Hrs||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:4 Hrs|
|Recipe type: Snacks||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Mochai – 1 Cup
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Water – as required
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Red Chillis – 5
Curry leaves – a spring
Carrot Grated – 3 tablespoon
Sundal Podi/Spice Mix Powder – 2 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mochai Carrot Sundal:
- Soak Mochai Overnight, or atleast for 4 hours. Pressure Cook Mochai for 2 whistles or until soft with salt and turmeric powder. Drain the excess water and set it aside.
- For the tampering heat oil in a frying pan. Add in mustard, allow it to splutter. Add in dry red chillis. Add in curry leaves. Add the carrot and saute them.
- Add in the mochai and saute them. Add in the sundal podi and saute until all the ingredients blend with each other.
- Grated coconut can also be used for garnishing.
- Onion also can be added to the tampering for nice flavour.
Mochai Carrot Sundal is a navratri recipe. It can also be enjoyed as a any time snack.