Muslim Style Ghee Rice
|Prep time: 20 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 40 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Salty with the flavour of whole garam masala|
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Bay leaf- 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
Cardamom – 3
Star anise – 1
Black stone flower – 1
Onion – 1 big chopped
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Green Chillis – 2
Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoon chopped
Mint Leaves – 2 tablespoon Chopped
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Muslim Style Ghee Rice:
- Wash the Basmati Rice well. Soak the basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. Heat Ghee in a Kadai. Add in Cloves, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Star Anise, Bayleaves and Black Stone Flower and roast until nice aroma Comes Out.
- Add in onion and start sauting them. saute them until glossy. Add tomatoes and saute them until mushy. Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute them until it cooks well. Add in the Green Chillis.
- Add in the chopped Mint and Coriander leaves and saute them until nice aroma comes out. Drain the water and add in the rice. Roast the rice for 2 minutes.
- Add Salt to taste. Add in the water and bring it to boil. Transfer the contents to a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Wait until the pressure releases on its own. Open the Pressure cooker.
- Tasty Ghee rice is now ready.
Ghee rice is a Main Course dish served in functions or prepared for festivals. Muslim Style ghee rice tastes best with Brinjal Gravy or Chicken Kurma.