Mutton Masala Gravy is a simple and easy home style mutton gravy. Masalas are freshly ground and added into the gravy which gives in the awesome flavour and aroma to the gravy. Mostly mutton bones are used for this gravy. This mutton Gravy goes well with rice or rotis.
Mutton Masala Gravy
Mutton Masala Gravy is a simple and easy gravy that goes well with rice.
- 500 Grams Mutton Pieces
- 1 Onion
- 1 Big Tomato
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Required Water
To Roast and Grind
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Dry Red Chillis
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Cloves
- ½ Cup Coconut
- Mutton bones are suitable for this recipe.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Masala Gravy
- Wash Mutton pieces throughly. Add in Mutton into a pressure cooker. Add in salt to taste, required water and turmeric powder. Pressure cook for 6 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Chop onion. Dry roast Coriander Seeds, dry red chillis, pepper, Jeera, Bay leaves, Cumin Seeds, Cinnamon and Cloves. Dry roast coconut seperately. Cool them down. Blend them into a smooth paste with required water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in dry red chillis. Add in curry leaves.
- Add in onion and tomatoes. Add in salt to taste and saute them until the tomatoes are mushy. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in the cooked mutton. Add in the ground paste. Add in required water.
- Add in turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Cook until the masalas blends well,
- Delicious mutton curry is now ready to serve.