Kohlrabi is a vegetable that is rich in B group vitamins. We can Make Sambar, Stir Fry or Curry with it. I have made NoolKol Thokku / Kohlrabi Thokku with it. Kohlrabi is a bit Fibrous and hard so opt for young Kohlrabi. NoolKol Thokku tastes good when served as a side dish with rice and Rasam or any veg gravy. Checkout other side dishes for rice.
NoolKol Thokku / Kohlrabi thokku is a healthy recipe
- 1 Cup NoolKol Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green Chilli
- Curry Leaves Fistful
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Salt To Taste
Peel NoolKol. Chop them and set it aside.
Heat oil in a wok,. Add in Cumin and Mustard and allow them to splutter.
Add in Curry Leaves and saute for few seconds.
Add in onion and saute until glossy.
Add in tomatoes and saute until mushy.
Add in ginger garlic paste and green chillis. saute for few seconds.
Add in Chilli powder, Turmeric powder and Coriander powder. Gemtly mix them. If the mixture is very dry add in few spoons of water.
Cook until the masalas blend well.
Add in chopped noolkol and saute them. Add in salt to taste.
Cook until the vegetable is cooked soft.
NoolKol Thokku / Kohlrabi thokku is now ready to serve.
Step by Step Photos on how to make NoolKol Thokku / Kohlrabi thokku:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and Cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter.
2. Add in Curry Leaves. Saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add in onion and saute them until glossy.
4. Add in tomato and salt to taste and saute them. Add in Ginger Garlic paste. Saute them.
5. Add in Green Chillis. Add in Coriander powder, Chilli powder and Turmeric Powder and cumin powder. Mix gently.
5. If the mixture is very dry add in few spoons of water. Cook until the masalas blend well.
6. Add in noolkol and mix gently.
7. Cook until the vegetable is cooked tender.
8. NoolKol Thokku / Kohlrabi thokku is now ready to serve.