PPotato Mince Meat / Aloo Kheema is a best option to try out if you wish to try something for a weekend lunch. This goes well with roti or rice. I love to have it with bread slices. The recipe is pretty simple. It has onion, tomatoes, Potatoes and spices. Green peas can be added along with potatoes as well. This is a one pot meal that gives you flavourful results.
Potato Mince Meat / Aloo Kheema
To Pressure Cook
- 250 grams Mutton Mince Meat
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablesooon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Onion
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Cup Potato
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Add Mutton Mince Meat, Water, Salt, Turmeric Powder into pressure cooker and pressure coo k for 4 whistles in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure cooker to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and curry leaves. Saute until the onion gets glossy.
- Add in Ginger Garlic Paste and saute them.
- Add in Potato and saute until the potato is cooked soft.
- If needed sprinkle few spoons of water.
- Add in cooked mince meat and mix gently.
- Add in Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder and Coriander Powder.
- Cook until all the masalas blend well.
- Yumm Potato Kheema is now ready to serve.
- While sauting if the mixture is dry sprinkle few spoons of water.
Step by step photos on how to make Potato Kheema / Aloo Kheema:
- Add Mutton Kheema into a pressure cooker. Add in salt to taste.
2. Add in turmeric powder and limited water.
3. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 4 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker and set aside.
4. Add oil into a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
5. Add in Onion and curry leaves and saute until the onion gets glossy.
6. Crush ginger and garlic and make a fine paste.
7. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them. Add in chopped potato and saute them.
8. Add in the Mutton stock from step 3 above else add water. Cook until the potatoes are cooked soft.
9. Add in the Pressure cooked mutton kheema. Give a quick stir.
10. Add in Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder.
11. Add in Chilli Powder and Pepper Powder.
12. Add in salt to taste. Cook until the masalas blend well.
13. Cook until all the water evaporates.
yumm Potato Mutton Kheema is now ready to serve.