Prawn Fry / Iral Varuval is simple and easy recipe. It can be made with easily available ingredients. This can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with any rice variety. It has a distinct and delicious flavour which can instantly make one fall in love with this delicacy. Prawns has a distinct flavour. When cooked right prawns taste great. When served hot they taste great. Everyone at home are great fans of this prawn fry. My little girl wants the less spicy version of this. She enjoys every bit of biting it.
Prawn Fry / Iral Varuval
Prawn Fry / Iral Varuval is a yummy appetizer.
- 400 Grams Cleaned Prawns
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt To Taste
- Oil For Deep Frying
- fistful Curry Leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chillis
- Prawns cook very easily. It takes a maximum of 3 or 4 minutes. Do not overcook they get rubbery.
- Adjust the spice levels as per your taste. I have added less spices.
- I added curry leaves and dry red chilli into hot oil for flavor.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Prawn Fry | Iral Varuval
- Clean and Devein the prawns. Add all the ingredients listed under for marination and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add in prawns one by one. Deep fry the prawns. Place them in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be removed.
- Yummy Prawn Fry is now ready to be served