Rava Kesari / Sheera
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 15 min||| Total time: 20 min|
|Recipe type: Sweets and dessert||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
Rava/Semolina – 1Cup
Water – 2.5 Cups
Saffron – A Generous Pinch
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 3 tablespoon
Cardamon – 3
Dry grapes/Cahews – 1 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Rava Kesari / Sheera:
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a frying pan. Add you choice of dry fruits and nuts and fry them until it turns brown. Remove them and cool them.
- In the same Ghee add the rava and roast it in low flame until it roasts well for 3 to 4 minutes. If looks like bread crumbs.
- Heat water in another pan. Add the sugar. Add the saffron. Heat until the sugar dissolves and the saffron diffuses.
- Crush the cardamon and add cardamon. Bring the water to boil.
- Add the roasted rava into the boiling water. Stir it. Do not add more water. Cook until all the water evaporates. Add the remaining ghee and roasted nuts and dry fruits.
- Rava kesari is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste. My version was a bit sweeter.
- Any Choice of nuts and Dry fruits can be added.
- Cardamon powder can be replaced for crushed cardamon.
Rava Kesari is a Sweet item. It is generally served along other breakfat recipes like idli chutney and sambar.