Rava Kesari is a Sweet dish made for festive occasions. Kesari is made with semolina. It tastes great with super soft, shiny texture without much ghee. It is traditionally served warm, but tastes equally good when chilled. The secret to make a perfect kesari is adding enough liquid to cook the rava. There are many varieties of sweet halwa recipes available in this space and this is one of them.
- 1 Cup Rava
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 5 tblspn Ghee
- 15 Cashews
- ½ tsp Food Color / Kesari Powder
- ½ tsp Cardamom Essence / Cardamom Powder
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a wok.
- Add in cashews and roast until it starts browning.
- Take them out or ghee and set aside.
- Add in the sooji and start roasting until nice aroma comes out.
- switch off the flame and set aside.
- Bring water to boil. Add in Cardamom / Cardamom essence.
- Add the boiling water into sooji and start cooking again in medium to low flame.
- When the water is all absorbed add in the sugar.
- The sugar starts melting and the mixture gets a bit watery. Keep cooking until all the water evaporates.
- Add in the remaining ghee and keep mixing them.
- Switch off flame and add in the roasted cashews and mix gently.
- Delicious dessert is now ready to serve.
Step by step Photos
Delicious Rava Kesari is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste. My version is sweeter.
- Any Choice of nuts and Dry fruits can be added.
- Cardamon esssence can be replaced for crushed cardamon or Cardamom powder.
- Use a heavy bottom pan for cooking kesari as it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan.
Rava Kesari is a Sweet item. It is generally served along other breakfast recipes like idli chutney and sambar.