Shredded Pepper Chicken is a delicious, lip smacking Appetizer. Onions are sliced and sauted in ghee. Chicken is pressure cooked, shredded and added along with onion. Finally Pepper is added along and sauted. This can be served as a side dish with rice of chapati as well. Checkout other Chicken recipes here. Here is a satifying flavoured recipe.
Shredded Pepper Chicken
- 500 Grams Chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 2 Onion Sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Lemon
- Salt To Taste
- Water as required
- Clean and wash the chicken.
- Add them into a pressure cooker.
- Add in turmeric powder, salt and limited water.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles or until the pieces are cooked soft.
- Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker. Separate the chicken and the Water.
- Now remove the bones from the chicken pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in sliced onion and curry leaves and saute them.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them.
- Add in the shredded chicken and saute them.
- Add in salt to taste and pepper powder. Keep sauting.
- Finally add in 1 tablespoon of ghee and saute for few minutes.
- Finally squeeze in juice from 1 lemon. Mix them and switch off the flame.
- Delicious Shredded pepper chicken is now ready to serve.
- While pressure cooking do not add more water.
- While shredding the chicken do not make them into very tiny pieces or while sauting in ghee it would get very dry.
- Green chilli can also be included it brings nice flavor too
Step by step photos on how to make Shredded Pepper Chicken:
- Add Chicken into a Pressure Cooker. Add in Salt to taste.
2. Add in turmeric powder and water.
3. Pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame or until the chicken gets soft. Allow pressure release on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Drain the water from the chicken.
4. Separate the bones from the chicken.
5. Heat ghee in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
6. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in the curry leaves and saute them. Add in ginger garlic paste. Saute them.
7. Add in the Chicken. Add in salt to taste.
8. Add in pepper powder. Add in ghee. Keep roasting until the masalas blend well.
9. In the final step add in lemon juice. Saute once and switch off the flame.
Tasty Shredded Pepper Chicken is now ready to serve.