Sodhi kuzhambu / Mix vegetable Gravy is a Gravy that is filled with flavours of coconut and the goodness of all the vegetables. Sodhi Kuzhamby must be served with a spicy side dish like Inji Theeyal or Pappad or Potato Chips. This Dish is generally prepared in any festivals or wedding occasions. It has the goodness of multiple vegetables added. The coconut milk gives the taste. The tampering of coconut oil give the nice flavour to the dish.
- ½ Cup Moong Dal
- 5 Beans Chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot Chopped
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Potato Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Medium Drumstick Peeled and chopped
- 8 Small Onion
- ½ Cup Cabbage Chopped
- 3 Green Chillis
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¾ Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Thin Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Powder
- Coriander Leaves Fistful Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Chop Beans Carrot, Drumstick, Cabbage, Potato and Tomato. Peel and chop the onion.
- Take a Pressure Cooker. Add in Moong Dal, Beans,Potato, Beans, Carrot, tomato, green Chillis and onion.
- Add in salt to taste, turmeric powder and water.
- Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame.
- Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker.
- Add in the Thin coconut milk and start cooking. Add in Cumin powder and Coriander Powder.
- Cook until the masalas blend well.
- In another wok. Add in the Coconut oil. Add in mustard and curry leaves. Saute them.
- Add the Tampering into the Vegetable mix. Add in the Lemon juice and mix gently.
- Add in the chopped coriander leaves. Cook for few minutes.
- Finally add in the thick Coconut milk and cook in low flame for 30 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- I added tomatoes to give sour taste to the sodhi kuzhambu. Instead we can avoid the tomato and add more lemon juice
- Other vegetables like Green Peas can also be added to sodhi kuzhambu.
- After adding coconut milk do not cook for more time or the coconut milk would cuddle.
Step by step photos on how to make Sodhi kuzhambu / Mix vegetable Gravy:
- Take a pressure cooker. Add in the washed and cleaned moong dal. Add in the chopped Beans.
2. Add in Potato, Carrot and drumstick.
3. Add in small onion, Cabbage and tomato.
4. Add in Green Chilli. Add in Salt to taste. Add in Turmeric Powder.
5. Mix them Gently. Add in water. Close the pressure cooker. Place the weight of the cooker cook for 3 whistles in medium flame. Switch off the flame. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker.
6. Mix them gently. Add in the 2nd coconut milk. Mix gently. Add in Ginger Garlic Paste.
7. Add in coriander Powder. Add in Roasted Cumin Powder. Keep Cooking. Meanwhile heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in cumin and mustard. Allow them to splutter.
8. Add in curry leaves and saute them. Add this tampering into the Vegetable mixture. Gently mix them. Add in the Lemon Juice. Gently Mix them.
9. Add in the chopped coriander leaves and gently mix them. Add in the thick coconut milk. cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
Delicious Sodhi Kuzhambu is now ready to serve.
Leave a Reply