Tandoori Chicken / Barbecue Chicken
Recipe type: Appetizer | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Chicken – 1 kg
Thick Curd – 3/4 Cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 2 tablespoon
Coriander Powder – 2 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tablespoon
Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cooking Oil or Olive oil – as required
Step by Step Photos on how to make Tandoori Chicken / Barbecue Chicken
- Mix all the ingredients and allow it to marinate for atleast 4 hours except olive oil.
- Get ready with the tadoori stove or the Apparatus. And fire the charcoal. Firing the Charcoal is a seperate process whill share it as a seperate post.
- Thread the chicken pieces in the skewers. Leave it as it is so that any excess water would drip out.
- Place the threades chicken on the charcoal grill.
- Brush them with olive oil. Change sides so that the chicken pieces cook evenly on all sides.
- Cook until the sides start darkening.
- The smokey chicken is almost ready.
- The key to tandoori chicken is to use bone-in thighs and legs because they have enough fat to stay moist under the heat of the grill.
- Brusing oil in between is essential or the chicken pieces get to dry out.
- If the pieces are not cooked well its rubbery in the inside center.
- The more time chicken is marinated the softer the chicken is. Else the chicken would be harder while biting it.
- Cut all the chicken pieces in a skewer in same size or it might not cook well in equal amount of time.
- If the chicken is marinated for more than one hour it must be refrigerated.