|Prep time: 20 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:40 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Green Peas – 1/4 Cup Chopped
Carrot – 1/4 Cup Chopped
Beans – 1/4 Cup Chopped
Potato – 1/4 Cup Chopped
For Roasting Cashew:
Cashew – 10 to 15
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 3
Black Stone Flower – 1
Star Anise – 1
Bay leaf – 1 big
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Curd/Yogurt – 1/4 Cup
Turmeric Powder – a generous Pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Onion – 1 big Chopped
Tomato – 1 big Chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/8 Cup
Mint Leaves – 2 tablespoon
Green Chillis – 1
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Vegatable Biryani:
- Soak Basmati Rice in water for 15 minutes. Set aside. Since this Biryani is made in a pressure Cooker the initial tampering can also be started in a pressure cooker. Take your pressure cooker and start heating it. Add the ghee. Add all the ingredients mentioned under “To Tamper” and stir until nice aroma comes out. Add the onion and saute until glossy. Add the tomatoes and salt and saute them until mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell leaves.
- Add the green chillis, Coriander leaves and mint leaves and saute until the raw smell leaves. Add the veggies. Saute them for 3 minutes in medium flame. Make sure you do not burn the masala. Since ginger garlic paste is added it might burn soon.
- Add curd and Mix well. Drain the water and add Basmati rice. Add the water and turmeric powder. Mix them well. Add Salt to taste. Wait until the water boils. This step is essential for the veggies to get cooked well.
- Close the pressure cooker and wait cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and wait until the pressure from the pressue cooker releases on its own. Meanwhile Roast cashews. Add ghee in a sauting pan and roast the cashews until golden brown.
- After the pressure is released open the pressure cooker. Garnish with the cashews and fluff it off with a fork.
Easy and flavourful Vegetable Biryani with nice aroma is ready.
- Soaking time of the rice depends on the type of Rice used
- Soaking basmati rice in water makes the biryani rice soft. Do not omit this step.
- Other Veggies like Cauliflower, doublebeans or even paneer and meal maker can be added to the veggie list.
- If you are adding garam masala have a check on the spice level of the biryani. I did not add garam masala as I wanted a lesser spiced biryani.