|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
Potato - 3 Medium Chopped
Onion - 1 Big Chopped
Tomato - 1 big chopped
Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Water - 1 Cup
Salt to Taste
For White Paste:
Coconut - ⅓ Cup
Cashews - 10
Khas Khas / Poppy Seeds - 1.5 tablespoon
For Green Paste :
Coriander Leaves - ¼ Cup
Mint Leaves - 2 tablespoon
Green Chillis - 1
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Cloves - 3
Black Stone Flower - 1
Cardamom - 2
Fennel Seeds - 1 tablespoon
Bay Leaf - 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Kurma:
- Soak Poppy seeds and Cashews in water for 10 minutes. Add the soaked cashews, Poppy Seed and Coconut into a smooth paste. Heat Oil in a frying Pan. Add All the ingredients listed under to tamper and saute them until nice aroma comes out.
- Add onion and saute until glossy. Add Tomatoes and salt and saute them until mushy. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute them until the raw smell leaves.
- Add the chopped potatoes and saute them in medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 Cup water and cook until the potatoes are cook for 80%. Cook in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the white paste and cook for another 3 minutes in low flame. Now add the green paste and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel.
- Tasty Potato Kurma Ready to Serve.
- Poppy seeds and cashews are soaked in order to get a smooth paste.
- Adjust the Level of water as per your requirement.
- The gravy thickens over time.
- If you wish to garnish with Coriander leaves Garnish with 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves.