WaterMelon Kheer / WaterMelon Payasam is a delicious dessert. It is so easy to prepare. If you want some twist in your kheer then make sure to try this recipe. It is so easy to prepare. The watermelon must be sweet enough so that the amount of sugar can be reduced. Checkout other kheer recipes available in this space.
WaterMelon Kheer / WaterMelon Payasam
- 1 Cup Watermelon Deseeded
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 500 ml Milk
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 15 Cashews
- Chop watermelon into smaller pieces. Remove the seeds.
- Add the chopped pieces into a sauce pan. Add in sugar and start heating.
- Cook until the watermelon Cooks well. Set this aside.
- Heat milk in another sauce pan. Bring it to boil and simmer for few minutes.
- Add in the watermelon mixture. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add in Vanilla extract and give a quick mix.
- In another sauce pan heat ghee and roast the cashews until golden brown.
- Add the ghee and cashews into milk.
- Delicious kheer is now ready to serve.
- Vanilla extract can be replaced with 3 or 4 cardamom pods.
Step by step photos on how to make WaterMelon Kheer / WaterMelon Payasam:
- Chop watermelon into a small pieces. Remove the seeds. Add them into a saucepan.
2. Start heating it. Let the sugar melts. Cook until the watermelon cooks.
3. Heat milk and bring it to boil. Simmer it for few minutes. Add in the watermelon mixture. Simmer again for few minutes.
4. Add in Vanilla extract and give a quick mix.
5. Heat ghee in a fry pan and saute the cashews until golden brown.
6. Add the cashews into the milk.
Now the delicious Watermelon Kheer is now ready to serve.