Wheat Cowpea porridge is a healthy and filling breakfast.
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Rava /Broken Wheat
- 1/8 Cup Cow Pea / Black Eyed Pea
- 10 Medium Garlic Pods
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/3 Cup Grated Fresh Coconut
Soak BlackEyedPea atleast 1 hour
Add Broken Wheat, Water, Garlic and salt into a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
Let the pressure release on its own. Add the milk into the cooked mixture and serve immediately.
Tastes best when served hot.
- The Cowpea in this recipe can be replaced with any pulses.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Wheat CowPea Porridge / Wheat Black Eyed Pea Porridge
- Soak Cowpea for atleast 1 hr and broken wheat for 10 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and add them into a pressure cooker. Add in garlic pods.
- Add in required water and salt to taste.
- Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles in medium flame. Allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Serve with any one of the topping. I served with half cup of milk