|Marination time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time: 60 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Chicken – 250 grams
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Lemon Juice – from half lemon
Garam Masala – 2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – a generous pinch
Salt – to taste
Cashew Paste – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Curry Leaves – a spring
Step by Step Photos on how to make Kodi Vepudu:
- Clean and wash the chicken. Blend the onion and make it into a paste.
- Add in Chilli Powerder, turmeric powder, garam masala, onion paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and ghee into chicken and let it for marination.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for atleast 30 minutes. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in the marinated chicken and start cooking.
- Add in curry leaves. Close the chicken and start cooking. Chicken releases some water. Close the pan with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked well.
- When the chicken is cooked add in the cashew paste and cook until the cashew blends well with the chicken. Cook until all the water disappears.
- Flavourful kodi vepudu is now ready to serve.
- Boneless chicken pieces are very well suited for this recipe.
- Mine is a spicy version you can adjust the spice level as per your taste.
- Keep stirring while frying so that the chicken gets cooked even.
- Do not overcook the chicken or the chicken would start shredding.
This can be served as a starter or as a side dish with roti. It can even be served with steamed rice and Rasam or any Chicken Gravy recipes