Mix Veg Kurma
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Potato – 1 medium
Carrot – 1
Beans – 6
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Curry Leaves – Few
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Bay Leaves – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Green Cardamon – 3
Coconut Grated- 1/4 Cup
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cashew – 6
Water – 1/4 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Soak Khus Khus/Poppy Seeds and cashew in water for 20 minutes. Grind Coconut, Cashew, Khus Khus, Fennel Seeds and water and grind it into a paste.
- Chop Beans, Carrot and Potato into equal size cubes. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add oil. Add bay leaves, Cinnamon, cloves and cardamon and saute it. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomato and saute until mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it. Add the chopped veggies and salt to taste and saute them.
- Add the coconut paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder and cook until the oil separates in the sides of the vessel in low flame.
- Yummy Mix Veg Kurma ready to serve.
- Coriander leaves can be added at the end for garnishing.
- Cauliflower and green peas are other vegetables that can be added to this kurma.
- Khus Khus/Poppy seeds wouldn’t grind easily hence it must be soaked in water or roast before grinding.