Cabbage Rice / Muttaikose sadam is a simple indian style mild spiced rice. It is an easy and healthy lunch box recipe. It is a simple onepot rice. It must be served with any spicy vegetable stir fries like potato stir fry. My personal favourite is to have it with Potato Egg Stir Fry. Checkout other variety recipes here. This is a simple recipe and a nice idea to make kids eat cabbage.
Cabbage Rice / Muttaikose sadam is a mild variety rice.
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage Chopped
- Salt To taste
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 11/4 Cup Rice Cooked
- Coriander Leaves chopped for garnishing
Heat oil in a wok and add in cumin and allow them to splutter
Add in Chopped garlic and ginger and allow them to splutter.
Add in onion and green chilli and saute them.
Add in boiled green peas and saute them.
Add in chopped cabbage and saute until it cooked well.
Add in rice and mix well.
Finally Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Cabbage rice is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos on how to make Cabbage Rice / Muttaikose sadam:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
2. Add in Ginger and Garlic and saute them.
3. Add in Onion and Green Chilli
4. Add in Cabbage and salt to taste. Saute until the cabbage is cooked well.
5. Add in Pepper Powder. Mix gently.
6. Add in rice
Finally Garnish with Coriander Leaves. Healthy and Nutritious rice is now ready to Serve.