Green Gram Pakoda / Moong Dal Pakoda / Pachai Payaru Pakoda is a healthy and nutritious pakoda. This is a quick and easy pakoda. Except for the soaking time it can be made immediately. There are many versions of pakoda available in this space. Check them here. This is a quick and easy pakoda. I enjoyed these pakodas with Coconut Chutney and Chai/Tea
Green Gram Pakoda
- 1 Cup Green Gram
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- 2 Green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- 2 Spring Curry Leaves
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Gram Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- Soak green gram overnight in water or at least 4 hours.
- Drain the excess water and add them into a blender. Add in Ginger, Green Chilli and Fennel Seeds
- Blend them into a coarse paste. Transfer them into a mixing bowl.
- Add in Fennel Seeds, Coriander Leaves, Curry Leaves, Salt to taste, Rice flour and Gram Flour. Mix them gently to form a smooth paste.
- Get ready with hot oil. Drop the batter carefully into the oil. Make sure each dumpling is about 1 tablespoon of quantity. Do not overcrowd the oil.
- Deep fry until it is cooked and starts browning.
- Remove them from hot oil. Serve with cocont chutney.
- I used sprouted Green Gram it is not necessery to sprout them.
Step by step photos on how to make Green Gram Pakoda:
- Soak green gram in water overnight. In the morning drain the excess water. Add them into a blender. Add in chopped Ginger.
2. Addd in Green chilli. Blend them into a coarse paste. Transfer them into a mixing bowl. Add in Fennel seeds and Coriander leaves.
3. Add in Curry Leaves and onion.
4. Add in salt to taste.
5. Add Gram flour and Rice Flour.
6. Mix them gently into a smooth paste.
7. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
8. Add in small dumplings into oil and start deep frying.
9. Fry until the Sssssh sound subsides. Take the pakodas out of oil. Drain them in an absorbent paper