Mutton Kheema Biryani
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Main Course||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Mutton Kheema – 1 Cup
Basmati Rice – 1 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Curd – 3 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Mint Leaves – 2.5 tablespoon
Coriander Leaves – 3 tablespoon
Tomato – 1
Green Chillis – 1
Onion – 1
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Black stone Flower – 1
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Kheema Biryani:
- Pressure Cook Mutton Kheema with salt turmeric powder and minimum water for 4 whistles. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure release on its own. Drain the mutton stock and set aside this is to be used later to prepare biryani. Add only required water do not add excess water. Heat Ghee in a Pan. Add the ingredients listed under to Tamper section and saute them until nice aroma comes out.
- Add onion and saute until glossy. Add tomato and salt and saute until mushy. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it. Grind Green Chillis and add it.
- Add mint and coriander leaves and saute it.
- Transfer the contents into a pressure cooker. Add Curd and givr a quick stir. Soak Basmati rice for 10 minutes in water. Drain the water and add the rice in to the pressure cooker and saute for 1 min. Add the pressure cooked mutton kheema. Add 1 cup of water or the mutton stock reserved in step 1. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the pressure release on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker. Yummy kheema Briyani ready now. In a frying pan add ghee and saute the onion until golden brown. Garnish the biryani with sauted onion.
- Washing mutton kheema is tricky. Wash muttom kheema and drain excess water using a fine muslin cloth
- Add Mutton stock instead of water gives nice taste to the biryani.
- Soaking rice in water makes it soft so do not omit this step.
- I haved added only 1 green chilli for spice. Garam Masala can be added for more flavour.
Mutton Kheema Briyani can be served as a Main Course dish alon with raitha.