Poha Chivda is one of the Healthy snack. It can be easily made in few minutes by roasting poha/aval and garnishing with few spices. Poha Chivda is a maharashtrian style snack popularly made during diwali. It has a crispy texture. Roasted Peanuts add in extra crunch. Why wait for an occasion. Enjoy these snacks any time of the year. Poha Chivda is a guilt free evening snack can be enjoyed on a rainy evening with a cup of chai
Poha Chivda / Aval Mixture is a Guilt Free snack to be relished in a winter evening with a cup of Chai
- 1 Cup Thin Poha / Aval
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Peanuts
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- Fistful Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillis Chopped
- 3 Dry Red Chillis
- Required Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Pieces
Dry Roast poha until crisp. Do now allow them to brown. Transfer them to a bowl.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in peanuts and saute them until they start browning. Remove them from oil and add to the poha.
Add in mustard and Urad Dal and allow them to splutter.
Add in Chopped Green Chillis and saute them.
Add in dry red chillis and curry leaves and saute them well.
Add in turmeric powder and salt and switch off the flame. Add this mixture on top of the poha mixture. Gently mix them.
- Thin Variety Poha/Aval is suitable for this recipe.
- Green Chillis might burst out of oil. Take Caution while sauting.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Poha Chivda / Aval Mixture
- Dry roast Poha/Aval. Do not allow them to brown. Switch off the flame and transfer them to a bowl. Heat oil in another wok and add in the peanuts and roast them until they start darkening.
- Remove the peanuts from the oil and add them on top of the dry roasted Poha. Now add the coconut pieces into the oil and start roasting them.
- Remove the roasted coconut from the oil and add on top of the poha. Now add in Mustard and urad dal into the oil and allow it to splutter. Add in chopped green chillis.
- Add in Dry red chillis and Curry Leaves. Saute them until they are sauted well. Add in Turmeric powder and salt to taste and switch off the flame. Leave the oil for 30 seconds so that the turmeric powder is cooked well. Add this mixture on top of the poha mixture and mix them gently.
- Yummy and crunchy snack is now ready.