Shimeji Mushrooms are one of the edible mushrooms. It must be cooked before eating. It has slight bitter taste. It gets darker when cooked. When I got this pack of shimeji mushrooms was thinking what should I try with this pack. I Always have a fantasy for Noodles and especially Egg Noodles. It is a Common Recipe. I am cooking this mushroom for the first time, so I was not knowing about how it is going to taste. I decided to try my fav egg mushrooms with Shimeji mushrooms in it. It did turn out well. I had a surprise too. The mushrooms had a slight bitter taste. Bit the addition of butter added richness to the dish.
Shimeji Mushroom Egg Noodles
Recipe type: Main Course | Cuisine: International | Yield / Serves: 2
Taste: Salty and Spicy
Cooked Hakka Noodles – 200 grams
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 5 pods
Pepper Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Sauce- 1 teaspoon
Soya Sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Spring Onion – 2 tablespoon chopped
For Sauting Eggs
Butter – 1/2 teaspoon
Eggs – 2
Salt – to tase
Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
For Sauting Shimeji Mushrooms
Butter – 2 teaspoon
Shimeji Mushroom – 200 grams
Salt to taste
Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Shimeji Mushroom Egg Noodles:
- Heat butter in a wok. Add the eggs, pepper powder and salt. Scramble the eggs. Once they are cooked set them aside.
- This is how the Shimeji Mushrooms look like. This one pack is a single plant. The root portion must be removed washed seperated and cleaned.
- Heat butter in a wok. Add in the Shimeji Mushrooms with salt and Pepper and saute them until they are cooked. The mushrooms sometimes releases water. Cook until all the water disappears. After sauting the mushrooms shrink and changes in color. Switch off the flame and set them aside.
- Heat Butter in a wok. Add in garlic and saute them. Add in the mushrooms. Add in Chilli Sauce, Soy Sauce, Vinegar and pepper powder.
- Add in Cooked noodles, scrambled eggs, spring onion and mix them well gently.
- Shimeji Mushroom Egg noodles are now ready to serve.
- Butter can be replaced with Olive oil.
- Eggs can also be replaced with sauted prawns.
- If you wish to have more spice increase the chilli sauce and pepper powder quantity.
- Shimeji Mushroom can also be replaced with button mushroom.