Simple Mutton Curry
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 30 Min||| Total time: 40 Min|
|Recipe type: Indian Gravy||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Mutton – 500 grams
Water – as required
Fennel Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
Oil – 1 Tablespoon
Onion – 1 big chopped
Tomato – 1 big Chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
Coriander Leaves – 2 Tablespoon chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 2 Teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Simple Mutton Curry:
- Wash and Clean the mutton pieces. Add them into a pressure cooker. Add enough water, turmeric powder and salt and pressure cook for 5 whistles. After the first whistle simmer the flame. After 5 whistles switch off the flame. Or Cook Until Mutton gets tender.
- Let the pressure release on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add oil and add in the fennel seeds. Saute until aroma comes out. Add in the chopped onion. Saute until glossy.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy. Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute until it mashes well.
- Add the pressure cooked mutton along with the water. Add in the chilli powder and Coriander Powder and allow it to cook well.
- Grind coconut into a paste with required water in a blender and add the Coconut paste. and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Tasty Mutton Curry is now ready to serve now.
- Curry leaves can be added along with onion, which gives a nice aroma to the curry.
- Mutton Pieces with bones are suitable for this gravy.
- This gravy is watery so adjust the consistency accordingly.
Simple Mutton Curry can be served with Roti, Rice or any breakfast recipes like Idli, Dosa, Appam and Idiyappam.