Adai Javvarisi Payasam is popular dessert served during festivals or functions. There are many versions of Adai Payasam. I have Pal Ada Payasam and Ada Pradhamam in my space. These are Payasam/Kheer recipes based out of Adai. Adai and Sago are cooked with Jaggery syrup and Coconut Milk. Finally tampered with ghee that gives out delicious and flavourful dessert
Adai Javvarisi Payasam
- 1 Cup Third Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Second Coconut Milk
- ¾ Cup First Coconut Milk
- ¾ Cup Wheat Adai
- ¾ Cup Sago / Javvarisi
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 15 Cashews
- ¼ Cup Coconut Chunks
- 1 Cup Jaggery Broken
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- Bring water to boil in a Sauce pan. Add in the adai into it and cook until soft.
- When the adai is cooked soft drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat water in another sauce pan and add in the sago. Cook until soft.
- Drain the excess water and set it aside.
- Add Jaggery and ½ cup water into a saucepan and heat until the jaggery melts.
- Drain the Jaggery water and stain for any impurities.
- Add the Jaggery water into a saucepan and add in the adai and cook until they blend well.
- Add in the sago and cook until they blend well.
- Add in the 3rd coconut milk and cook for few minutes.
- Add in the 2nd coconut milk and cook for few minutes. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add in Cardamom powder and first coconut milk. Cook for few minutes.
- Now for tampering add in ghee into a tadka pan.
- When the ghee melts. Add in cashews and coconut chunks. Saute until golden brown.
- Add in the ghee mixture into the payasam.
- Mix gently. Delicious Payasam is now ready to serve.
- I have used the bigger variety of sago so i soaked it for 2 hours and then i used it in the payasam.
- If not soaking sago then cook them until soft and then use them.
- I have used wheat adai for this recipe. Rice Adai also can be used for this recipe
- if using rice adai it cooks faster.
- While cooking the adai or sago do no make the mixture pasty. Stop cooking then the adai or sago is cooked soft.
- The amount of Jaggery completely depends on the type of jaggery used.
Step by step photos on how to make Adai Javvarisi Payasam:
- Heat water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil.
2. Add in adai and cook them soft.
3. When they are soft enough drain the excess water and set them aside.
4. Heat water in another saucepan and bring it to boil.
5. Add in soaked sago. Cook until soft.
6. Drain the excess water and set them aside.
7. Add jaggery and water into a saucepan and start heating. Keep heating until all the jaggery melts.
8. Drain the Jaggery water to remove any impuritues.
9. Add Cleaned Jaggery water into another sauce pan. Now add in the cooked adai.
10. Let them blend well for few minutes.
11. Add in Cooked sago and cook for few minutes for the jaggey water to blend well.
12. When the Jaggery water has blended well add in the first coconut milk and cook them.
13. Add in the second coconut milk and cook until all the mixture blends well and it thickens.
14. Add in the first coconut milk. Mix them and cook for few minutes.
15. Heat Ghee in a wok.
16. Add in Cashew and coconut chunks.
17. Saute until golden brown. Add the Ghee Mixture into the kheer.
Delicious adai payasam is now ready to serve.