Custard Powder Milk Halwa is a simple variant of the Custard Powder Halwa. It can be prepared quickly with minimal effort. If you like to serve it in squared shapes then it must be set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours otherwise we can serve immediately.
Custard Milk Halwa
- ¼ Cup Custard Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Pistachios Powdered
- Add little milk to custard powder and mix them to form a smooth liquid. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee. Add in milk and bring it to boil
- Add in Cardamom Powder and sugar. Cook in low flame for few minutes for the sugar to melt.
- Add in the Custard Mixture into the milk. Cook in low flame until the mixture thickens.
- After few minutes add 1 tablespoon of ghee. Add in powdered pistachios
- Cook in low flame until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency.
- Grease a tray with ghee and pour the halwa mixture.
- Garnish with Powdered pistachios. Leave this tray in the refrigerator. Let it set for 2 hours.
- Take it out of the refrigerator. Take the Halwa out of the tray.
- Slice them and enjoy.
Step by step photos
- Add Milk to Custard Powder and mix it to form a smooth liquid
2. Make sure no lumps are formed.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add in mil and bring it to boil.
4. Add in Cardamom Powder and sugar. Heat until the sugar melts.
5. Add in the Custard Powder Mixture.
6. Cook until the mixture thickens.
7. Add in 1 tablespoon of Powdered Pistachios. Add in 1 Tablespoon Ghee.
8. Mix gently until the mixture thickens and reaches the halwa consistency.
9. Grease a tray with ghee. Pout in the Halwa mixture.
10. Garnish with powdered Pistachios.
11. Leave it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Take it out and take the halwa out of the tray.
12. Slice the Halwa and enjoy.
Delicious halwas are now ready to serve.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame.
- The Custard powder thickens quickly so keep stirring to avoid the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- using a non stick pan make the job easy.
- Any choice of nuts can be used to garnish.
- This halwa can be served Hot or Cold.
- If you wish to serve this halwa in squares then you must refrigerate it for 2 hours for it to settle down and becomes easy to slice.