Mushroom Capsicum Stew is a nutritious and easy stew which is filled with the goodness of Capsicum and Mushroom. I have also added baby corn for an extra crunch. This is a Low Carb Recipe. This stew is packed with fibre and antioxidents. the flavours of Capsicum and mushroom cooked in coconut milk completely takes this stew to a new level. This stew is like a boost to your nutrient intake while enjoying its rich taste.
Mushroom Capsicum Stew
- 2 tblspn Butter
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tblspn Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Cup Baby Corn Chopped
- ¾ Cup Capsicum Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushroom Chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¾ Cup Thin Coconut Milk
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- Heat butter in a wok.
- Add in bay leaves and saute them. Add in Cinnamon and Cloves. Add until nice flavour comes out.
- Add onion and curry leaves and saute until the onion gets glossy.
- Add in Chopped Baby corn, Capsicum and Mushroom. Mix gently.
- Saute for few minutes. Add in salt to taste and thin coconut milk.
- Cook until the veggies are cooked soft.
- Add in the spice powders like Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder, Pepper Powder and Garam Masala Powder. Cook until all the masalas blend well.
- Add in thick coconut milk. Cook in low flame for few minutes and switch off the flame.
- Mushroom Capsicum stew is now ready to serve.
Step by step Photos
- Add butter in a sauce pan. Add in Bay Leaves and saute them.
2. Add in Cinnamon and Cloves. Saute for few minutes. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
3. Add in Curry Leaves. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
4. Add in Baby corn and Capsicum and saute gently.
5. Add in mushroom and saute them.
6. Add in Salt to taste. Add thin coconut milk.
7. Cook the vegetables until soft. Add turmeric powder.
8. Add Pepper Powder and Chilli powder.
9. Add Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder.
10. Cook until the masalas blend well.
11. Mushroom releases water. Cook until the masalas blend well with the veggies.
12. Add in thick Coconut Milk
13. Cook few minutes and switch off the flame.
Mushroom Capsicum Stew is now ready to serve.
Mushroom Stew can be served as a side dish with Roti, Chapathi, Poori, Appam or Idiyappam
- I have added baby corn to this recipe for an extra crunch and this is completely optional.
- Other vegetables such as fresh Peas, Carrot, Cauliflower can be added to this recipe.
- After adding the coconut milk do not add it for more time or it might cuddle.